1. Do I have to install the timer?
No, you can run our PC/MAC timers on any computer and no installation is needed.
2. How many licences do I need? (paid products)
One licence per one computer. Example: if you want to use the timer on three different computers, you will need three licences.
3. Transfering and activating the timer (paid products).
Once you download the (paid) timer, you can transfer the ZIP file to any PC / MAC computer you want to use it on. Unpack the ZIP file, on the first run you will enter your data and activate the timer licence.
4. I have just purchased the Timer for MAC and for some reason I can’t open it. It says: “MCT-Extended-for-MAC is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.” Any ideas why?
On MAC, you have to follow this steps BEFORE downloading.
5. After following your download instructions of changing the gatekeeper settings to allow any application, I am still unable to get either the timer to open. I still get this error “The application “Nano-Timer-for-MAC” can’t be opened.” Any ideas on how to get it to run?
Please, read instructions carefully: “You must disable Gatekeaper BEFORE DOWNLOADING the file (not before installing).” This is not an “installable” program as it is not an “official” MAC app, thus Gatekeeper automatically corrupts it on download (not install). So disable the Gatekeeper and only then download the file, it will work. More on the topic here.
6. I would have installed your free version but I don´t trust your instructions to bypass Mac´s Gatekeeper. Is it safe to use?
We understand your concern, however the program is safe. There was more than 100.000 downloads of free version (since 2014) and many downloads of our paid version. Very rarely we get any complaints or refund requests. We have Apple developer account for our iOS apps, but for MAC we took the other route. Timer is developed with Adobe Animate, because this helps us reduce the costs and speeds up the development process both for PC and MAC.
7. Error message on MAC: “The application MCT-Extended-for-MAC can´t be opened”
This is a rare error which seems to be connected to OSX 10.10.2. Please update your OS and try again.
Problem could also be connected to your browser and the ZIP extractor you are using. So the other way to fix the issue is:
1. Download application through Firefox (not some other browser)
2. Then unzip with the (built in OS X) Archive Utility.
8. How do I reset the timer, if Macs do not have a Delete key and ESC does not seem to work.
On the MacBook keyboard, in order to reset, you have to press Fn+Backspace (on some keyboards Fn+Delete). With the OSX 10+ the reset function is a combination of Cmd+Backspace.
9. When I try to use the DEL key, to reset the timer while running, nothing happens. The timer is not stopping. Even after I have let the time to run out, it will not reset.
Check in the settings if you have chosen “Disable keyboard control” or try with “Reset all settings”. This will set everything back to default value.
10. Customizing the text only allows 17 characters including spaces, but the allowance for text is 32 characters. I want to write: Welcome to Church, but cannot post the “h” at the end of church. How can I fix this?
You should write in two lines, for example:
11. Is there a way to add a background image instead of plain color in the extended version?
No, you cannot add images. You can only change background color and numbers’ color. This is how we keep the design of timer clean and visible. If you need further customizations we would recommend you use this timer: https://www.countdownkings.com/escape-room-timer-sale/.
12. Can I embed your timer in a PowerPoint slide?
No, you cannot embed timer in a PowerPoint presentation. But you should be able to make the timer smaller by exiting full screen mode (press ESC). Then you can adjust the timer to the size you want and place it alongside the presentation. The other option is to get the app version and place your phone or tablet beside the presentation.
Send us an email and we will give you a reply in shortest time possible.
*We can assure you our timers are quality made and most of our customers are highly satisfied.
If purchasing, we recommend downloading best offer as you will get the most for the value.