This page answeres some basic questions you might have. Please scroll lower to find FAQ for all of our timers.
MINIMALISTIC and NANO TIMER
1. Do I have to install the timer?
No installation is needed, just run the timer (PC only).
2. How many licences do I need? (paid products)
One licence per one computer. Example: if you want to use the timer on three different computers, you will need three licences.
3. Transfering and activating the timer (paid products).
Once you download the (paid) timer, you can transfer the ZIP file to a PC you want to use it on. Unpack the ZIP file. At the first run you will enter your data and activate the timer licence.
4. When I try to use the DEL key, to reset the timer while running, nothing happens. The timer is not stopping. Even after I have let the time to run out, it will not reset.
Check in the settings if you have chosen “Disable keyboard control” or try with “Reset all settings”. This will set everything back to default value.
5. Customizing the text only allows 17 characters including spaces, but the allowance for text is 32 characters. I want to write: Welcome to Church, but cannot post the “h” at the end of church. How can I fix this?
You should write in two lines, for example:
6. Is there a way to add a background image instead of plain color in the extended version?
No, you cannot add images. You can only change background color and numbers’ color. If you need more customization we recommend you use our Escape Room Timer.
7. How do I change the settings (paid versions)?
Click on the circular “gear” icon at the bottom part of the screen and make changes.
8. Can I use keyboard to quickly change the set time? I want to independently change the digits for minutes and seconds but I can’t determine the keystrokes needed to change each digit from ascending to descending.
It can only be done with a mouse, by clicking on the numbers directly. Keyboard controls will just increase or decrease the time generally.
9. Is this software compatible with chromebook?
It will only work on PC. This is not a chromebook software.
10. Can I embed your timer in a PowerPoint slide?
No. For PowerPoint and similar applications we created the Slideshow Timer, where timer floats on top of any other app.
ESCAPE ROOM TIMER
1. Can Escape Room Timer be run in multiple rooms at the same time with the same computer?
You can run multiple timers from one computer, this depends on your system and your monitor setup. We prepared this page for more info: https://www.countdownkings.com/how-multiple-monitor-setup. All the instructions on how to use the timer are here: https://www.countdownkings.com/escape-room-timer-help.
2. Background music. Is there a way to play music on a loop during the entire game?
Timer does not support this directly, but you can play the sound with any sound player in the background. You could also use external mixer and play your music from there.
Timer for PowerPoint (SLIDESHOW TIMER)
1. I want to minimise the timer as it is distracting to what i’m doing. Can I minimise the timer?
You can’t minimise the timer. However you can change its size, make it really small, drag it off the screen partially or close the program until you need it again.
2. Can I embed your timer in a PowerPoint presentation?
No, you cannot “embed” the timer into a PowerPoint presentation. The timer is a separate program that you place above the presentation and it stays there. Please check the video here: https://www.countdownkings.com/free-powerpoint-timer.
The Productivity Timer works in a similar way.
Send us an email and we will give you a reply in shortest time possible.
*We can assure you our timers are quality made and most of our customers are very satisfied.
If purchasing, we recommend downloading best offer as you will get the most for the value.